Make this delicious roasted veggie flatbread for dinner tonight!
Hey guys – I am really bad with whim purchases. I go grocery shopping, buy stuff because it’s on sale and get home and am like “what am I going to do with a turnip, 2 cans of tuna and some soy sauce?” It’s something I am going to work on and I’ll share my secrets to success (or secrets to sucking less) when I get there. But for now, it’s just random stuff that comes home with me.
SO it’s nice to have some recipes in my back pocket that can use up some of this random stuff so that I don’t throw it out. Or worse, let it sit in my fridge until it becomes a science experiment. And then a battle of wills between Blake and I where we both pretend we don’t see it so we don’t have to throw it out.
So this is super versatile, super easy and relatively quick. You can do it for a #meatlessmonday dinner or as an appetizer for when friends come over. It is everything. I’m talking like minimal prep and it can use up a lot of random vegetables. It is a win-win-win.
So here we go:
- 1 lb of mixed vegetables (I used brussel sprouts, zucchini and bell peppers but sky’s the limit here. Anything roast-able – sweet potato, mushrooms, squash, onions, garlic, eggplant, etc.)
- 1/4 cup of hummus
- 2 flatbreads (I got mine from Costco, but you could use 1/2 a bag of pizza dough or a couple of naan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cheese – I used goat cheese on mine but you could use blue cheese, mozzarella, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Finely chop your veggies.
- Toss with olive oil and cook on a baking sheet for 25 minutes or so.
- Spread hummus on flatbreads
- Top with roasted veggies and cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 10 min.
- Eat and rub your belly.